Sunday, January 26, 2014

What I Like About WoW

Recently I asked on Twitter for people to give me suggestions for blog posts, so I could get back to blogging easily after a family emergency that uprooted everything for a week. One suggestion was to share the things I like about World of Warcraft. Since I've only been playing for a few months, there is still so much content I have yet to experience. But here's a list of the what's and why's for what I like about WoW:

  • Leveling: I enjoy leveling because, for the most part, it is a simple task that still allows me to enjoy the game and try to learn more about it at the same time. At times it can be rather tedious, and sometimes it just plain pisses me off. I manage to get through the rough spots with the motivation that the more I push through, the sooner I'll have my main at max. 
  • Dungeons: There's good and bad to dungeons. I enjoy them when people aren't jerks. Even when I'm not running them with people I know, it's still nice to be doing the same thing with other people. More often than not, I like to be able to follow other people, and running a dungeon as DPS allows me to do that. Doing dungeons with people I actually know is often nice because there's somebody familiar for me to talk to. Or, if I'm drinking and doing a dungeon with someone I know (it happened once) I have somebody who can laugh at me when I repeatedly die and get lost. 
  • Pet Battles: I enjoy pet battles simply because it's something else I can do when I want to play but want a break from leveling and don't feel like doing dungeons. It took me a long time to convince myself that pet battles aren't a bad thing, and force myself to try it. Well, I enjoy it quite a bit. Not always, as I'm often not in the mood for it, but I think that would be different if I had pets at the same level as the areas I'm in when leveling. I'm still working on getting up to that point. Once I hit 70 on my main (hopefully today) I will be taking a break from leveling to work on leveling pets, and work on getting a flying mount, as well as leveling my Goblin DK.
  • RfA: The people in the guild Reported for Awesome are just that - awesome. I love being a part of this guild because, even though I can't really do anything with them yet, they've always been friendly and helpful when needed. I don't think I really need to say much else. These people rock.
  • The community: seriously, the World of Warcraft community is incredible. I have met so many awesome people as a result of playing this game. It is incredible what the people in this community will do for each other. I used to view gamers much in the way the stereotypes portrayed simply because I didn't understand differently. I can say it was a very naive viewpoint, and not one I'm glad to have had, but I'm glad I know the truth!
  • The Auction House: I know this kind of sounds ridiculous, but I recently discovered the fun in selling things in the AH. Making a few hundred gold by selling loot I had no use for seemed like something worth at least trying, and for my first attempt, it was successful. I think at some point in time, I'm going to look into how to make more gold in WoW because I know there's several ways to do so. 
  • Ground Mounts: There are times when I wish I had a flying mount, but I enjoy my ground mount. Since I know so little about WoW, having to explore all the areas on foot has helped me to learn the maps a little better and understand where I'm at. I'm sure once I start leveling more alts this isn't going to be a favored thing for me, but for now it's alright. Though I do wish I had a flying mount for the times when I just really don't want to be on the ground. 
  • The community: Yeah, I know I said this already, but it deserves to be said again. The WoW community is AMAZING. I honestly don't know where I'd be without the love and support I've gotten from people that don't even know who I am. I just hope that in some way, I can provide the same support to people when they need it.

So, I know this is a short list, but I'm sure I'll add to it in the future as I get more involved in higher level content. If you wanna know my thoughts about anything else related to WoW, use the comments, or contact me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment