Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dungeons = Anxiety

So I haven't written about anything specific in WoW recently. I shall change that now. Today, I spent far too much time queued into Dungeon Finder in Zangarmarsh because  I am trying to get Exalted Rep so I can get the Cenarion War Hippogryph. So, today I started attacking those dungeons to work my Rep up through Honored, which is where I started with this attempt.

Anyway, my first dungeon today was interesting. I ended up leaving the Instance because that group sucked. And no, I wasn't just a jerk who left cuz they sucked. A shitty healer left me with a few deaths. I got sick of running back and dealing with res sickness and all that crap. Somebody else randomly got kicked or left, though I don't remember which, or why. Anyway, it got to a point where I was trying to run back and got killed by other monsters and shit, cuz monsters. Also, I was queued into that one for about an hour and a half.

The next queue was significantly shorter, but still too long. Closer to a half hour. Long story short, it ended with two people. We had to kick the tank because he kept giving us the response of 'brb' right after a kill, and then it got to a point where we were ready to progress in the dungeon and were on a ramp, and the tank just stopped. So the rest of us stopped. And we stood there for a good ten minutes or so. So another person took over, we kicked the tank because he stopped responding, and we pressed on! Then, out of nowhere, and for no reason, one of our DPS left. No warning, nothing happened to cause it, just gone. So then there were three - two DPS and a healer. We were doing great, until I got pegged as leader due to the automatic system stuff. And then I had a minor freak out moment. So I refused to lead. And by that, I mean I'd start walking, then the other two would follow, then I'd stop so I could follow them. It worked well. But I couldn't possibly be okay with leading a group. Maybe if it was people I knew, MAYBE, but probably not. I'm a better follower. Being a leader just puts way too much focus on me. Maybe in the future I could be better at it, but right now I'm not okay with it. Anyway, we got to a point where the healer died (right after me) and then he NEVER came back. So it was just us two DPS. I eventually got back, and we kept going. We got to one of the big boss guys and stood there for a second. Then he talked to me. And I got scared. See, I don't like to talk. I like to be invisible. But he was nice. We agreed we couldn't beat the guy without a healer, but thanks to me stepping up and suggesting it, we decided to give it a try anyway. We failed. Not miserably because big boss guy was at about half health which I think is pretty good for only two DPS. But we both died. So that was the end of that, or so I thought. We chatted for another moment or two afterwards and the guy was actually really nice. So, yeah, for me having really bad luck with shitty dungeons, that guy was nice. So to that guy (girl?) if by chance you read this, thank you.

So yeah, being front and center in WoW causes anxiety for me and it sucks, but yaknow, it's all part of living the life of me. I'm working on it though, and that's good. If anybody wants to run a dungeon with me, you know where to find me! Not really, but if you want to, there are ways to contact me. Like Twitter if you have it, or in the comments section if you don't. Or in game, cuz there's that too, if you have it. But you probably don't. I'm gonna shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment